There is no doubt that every aspect of life has been invaded by technology today. Not only is it changing the world quickly, but it is also making progress in making it a better place to live in. So let’s go ahead and see the possibility of building a better future in the top ten technologies of 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big Data
- Augmented and Virtual reality
- Robotic Process Automation – RPA
- Cloud Computing
- Business Intelligence
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is a field of computer science, emphasizing the development of smart machines that function and behave like human beings.
Google, Microsoft, IBM, Dell, Amazon, Baidu and Boeing are some of the important companies hiring for AI.
The average salary for Artificial Intelligence Engineer would be $134,000 per year, as per the survey of datamation.com
Major skills required to become an AI engineer:
- machine learning
- deep learning
- data science
- bi tools
2. Internet of Things – IoT
IoT is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without needing computer attraction from human to human.
Siemens, NTT DATA, SAP, Walmart, Accenture and Western Digital are some of the companies hiring for IoT.
You can expect an average salary of $111,000 per year.
- masters in computer science
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- hands-on experience with Python, machine learning and deep learning
DevOps is a technique that ensures that development as well as operations go hand in hand. The DevOps cycle is portrayed as an infinite loop representing developer integration and operating teams.
According to the Glassdoor report, a DevOps Engineer’s basic salary may be around $111,000 per year, and more is expected in the coming year.
- Linux fundamentals and scripting
- knowledge on various DevOps tools and technologies
- continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- DevOps key concepts
4. Big Data
Big data refers to issues associated with different types of data being collected and stored. Most of today’s businesses rely on big data analytics to gain tremendous insight into their clients, product research, marketing campaigns, and much more.
The average salary of a Big Data Analyst is $59,000 and that of a Big Data Scientist is $92,000.
- Apache Hadoop
- using statistical and quantitative analysis models
- data visualization
- ability to write flawless computer programs in C++, Java, Python, and other languages.
Angular is one of the great emerging technologies and a common platform used for various reasons by many businesses. Angular is a TypeScript-based open-source, client-side platform designed to create web applications
An Angular Developer can expect a salary up to $179,000 per year in 2020, addressed on the website of neuvoo.ca.
- in-depth knowledge of the Angular framework
- good command of TypeScript
- thorough knowledge of web markup, primarily focusing on HTML language, and CSS
- a degree of experience with RESTful API integration
- knowledge of adjacent technologies (e.g., Node and Webpack)
Blockchain is a decentralized records distributed database called blocks that are encrypted using cryptography.
Companies hiring for Blockchain are Deloitte, KPMG, Cognizant, EY consulting and Verizon.
A Blockchain developer’s lower end salary will start at $127,000 as per the Glassdoor survey, and for experienced candidates it goes beyond that amount.
Skills required to become a Blockchain developer:
- experience working with C, C++ and Python
- relational and noise fill databases
- large code bases
- internet security
7. Augmented and Virtual reality (AR and VR)
AR allows the user to view the real world that has in some way been digitally expanded or improved. On the other side, VR separates the user from the perspective of the real world, replacing it with a completely simulated one.
- knowledge of Java
- knowledge of Python
- knowledge of MATLAB
- experience in commercial software design
- experience in high-performance computing software programming
- parallel system architecture
- GPU programming
8. Robotic Process Automation – RPA
RPA is the method of automating anything and everything with the aid of robotics to reduce human interference in business operations.
Companies hiring for RPA are Verizon, Albertsons companies, Dell, NTT DATA and Cognizant.
indeed.com says that all the RPA professionals are paid well with a minimum of $71,000.
Skills required to be a RPA developer:
- knowledge of Java
- knowledge of Python
- knowledge of SQL
- experience in AI machine learning
9. Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is the practice of using an Internet-hosted remote storage network to store, handle and process data instead of a local server or personal computer.
Companies hiring for cloud computing are JP Morgan, Honeywell, IBM, Wells Fargo, Google and Amazon.
An average Cloud Engineer Salary ranges from $104,000 to $145,000 and can go as high as $250,000 according to ZipRecruiter
- AWS/ Azure certification
- knowledge of RedHat, AWS EC2, VPC, VCN
- automation experience
10. Business Intelligence
BI professionals need to understand the technical complexities of setting up and running a program, make sense of the business point of view, and translate customer questions into analytical know-how for fast business solutions to be realized. BI practitioners should also consider and analyze the results they receive in order to implement a company’s business strategies.
A Business Intelligence professional’s average salary varies from $70,000 to $90,000 per year.
- understand the concepts of data warehousing and data mining
- collect, validate, combine, and transfer data from multiple sources and store it for analysis and distribution
- understanding of the information analysis techniques and other related concepts